Following the government announcement on 4th January 2021 regarding the closure of schools and settings, per updated guidance on vulnerable children and young people we are pleased to say that Cirque will continue to provide support to our pupils and we are open to new referrals.
The updated definition of vulnerable children and young people includes:
- Children and Young People who are known to Social Care which includes:
- Children in Need
- Those on a Child Protection Plan
- Children in Care
- Those at Edge of Care
- Care Leavers
- Those open to a Child and Family Assessment
- Children and Young People with an EHCP
- Young Carers
- Adopted children or children on a Special Guardianship Order (SGO)
- Children and young people at risk of going NEET
- Children and young people living in temporary accommodation
- Children and young people who may have difficulty engaging with remote education at home (for example due to a lack of devices or quiet space to study)
- others at the provider and local authority’s discretion including pupils and students who need to attend to receive support or manage risks to their mental health
The local authority also consider children who are accessing Alternative Provision, children who have been permanently excluded or are at risk of permanent exclusion, or those children missing education (CME) or persistently absent as vulnerable.
Cirque is a part time Alternative Provision and we accept referrals directly from schools or full time Alternative Provisions, as well as the local authority.
If we can help you at this time, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
If you are a parent and believe your child would benefit from attending our setting, please get in touch with your school or local authority in order for a referral to be made.